TRAVEL 4 CHANGE (MINCIT)
The purpose of the Strengthen Bilingualism Program 2016 in the Tourism Sector is the development of tourism in Colombia through the reinforcement of bilingualism in different populations within the industry such as tour guides, service providers and others.
The focus is on strengthening the English skills of tourism service providers nationwide from this social investment made by the Ministry of Commerce, Industry and Tourism and the Heart for Change Foundation. As a result of this initiative, it seeks to improve the levels of a second language and enhancing this population’s professionalism in the tourism industry.
The program also seeks to impact professionals within the tourism sector who are ultimately motivated and knowledgeable about multiculturalism and are naturally able to build relationships with foreign volunteers with the end-goal of expanding knowledge, experience and cultural diversity by promoting a society with greater tolerance of difference.
It is intended that the training in English language skills, multicultural exchange and strengthening of the abilities of those who work in the tourism industry are carried out with the support of volunteers and experts that allow for better execution and quality of the issues to develop.
Duration: July 2017 – December 2017
$1,500,000 COP monthly stipend (Around 500 USD)
- Lesson planning
- Carrying out the proposed activities
- Attendance recording of beneficiaries
- Develop and implement assessments to measure the improvement of English
- Design and participate in a full-immersion program
- Implement a flexible methodology for teaching English.
- A week orientation
- Visa and Colombian ID
- Colombian medical insurance
- A $1,500,000 COP monthly stipend
- Accomodation provided during the orientation week.
- Bonus upon completion of the program
- 24/7 support from Regional Coordinator
- Transportation in Bogotá during the orientation
- Transportation from Bogotá to placement cities
- Native English speaker or proof of C1 English level
- A copy of university degree
- 21 to 50 years old
- Participant Agreement signed
- Health Clearance Form signed by a doctor
- Biography/Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Clean Criminal Record (certified state/federal background check)
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
- 1 Copy of Passport Information Page
- International medical insurance for the duration of the program
- Proof of airfare to Bogotá
- Signed Appendix
- Mental and physical capacity to teach students and facilitators (both children and adults)
- Maturity, flexibility, accountability and commitment to a bilingual Colombia.
Telephone: (57) 1 3910703